In the beginning…
Well, we’ll just go back a little bit before we get to that. So, by now you should have read the Newbie Primer explaining on how Martell became Monarchs. If so, let me fill you in on a few things that has happened in the last 50 years.
- 303 AC: Cersei’s prophecy came true (“Aye. Queen you shall be… until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear. Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”) not long after Dornish law was made Westerosi Law.
- 303 AC: Arianne Martell took the Iron Throne as rightful heir.
- 303 AC: The Great Houses called in a truce and allied together to overcome the Long Night, and the White Walkers. The Night’s Watch were returned to former glory, with many new recruits, and the refurnishing of Castle Black, and the remaining keeps.
- 305 AC: Lannister of Lannisport was promoted to Wardens, and became the main branch of House Lannister.
- 304 AC: House Arryn retook the Vale under the leadership of Harrold Hardyng, and his bride, Alyane Stone.
- 307 AC: House Yronwood attempted to seize Sunspear while the Martells were busy in King’s Landing, and failed. This lead to a second branch of House Martell to resit in Sunspear while the Royal Family remained in King’s Landing.
- 311 AC: Targaryen’s returned from exile lead by Aegon Targaryen. Confined to Dragonstone in fear that they would try to retake the Iron Throne.
- 325 AC: Danaerys never made it to Westeros, spent her days trying to liberate the Slavers’ Bay, ultimately failing, resulting in the death of her and the trio of Dragons.
- Peace descends over the realm.
- 347 AC: House Greyjoy begins an aggressive assault on the Western coast, from the North right down to the Shield Islands. Their attacks become more co-ordinated, as they try to claim land for the growing population on the Isles. The uprising is lead by the Lord Reaper of Pyke, Anri Greyjoy and his siblings, Ayreon Greyjoy and Jasper Greyjoy
- 349 AC: Unable to beat back the advances of the Greyjoys, a truce is called, and the Iron Treaty formed. Giving more land to the Ironborn in exchange for peace along the Western Coasts. Ironborn representatives now have a place in the Red Keep’s Court.
- 350 AC:
And here is where we start, at a tourney in King’s Landing for the Queen’s 22nd nameday. Knights, lords, and ladies gather from all across Westeros to attend and compete.