The Seven Kingdoms
Flowers and Plants
- Black Lotus – toxic plant used in poisons.
- Blue winter rose – Decorative plant.
- Coldsnaps – Decorative plant.
- Dragon’s Breath – Decorative plant.
- Frostfires – Decorative plant.
- Firepods; found in Essos – Used in cooking and for poultices.
- Gilliflower – Cooking ingredient, used in wine-making
- Goathead – Thought to promote physical and sexual well-being
- Goldenrod – Medicinal flower used to treat kidney aliments.
- Gorse – Flowers can be used in teas and non-grape wines, the plant is considered medicinal and used to promote overall health.
- Lavender – Has many uses in culinary and medicinal. The nectar is used to make honey, and to flavour sugar. The oil has a medicinal use, mainly for aromatherapy and sleep problems. The oils in lavender honey also aid the healing of uninfected wounds.
- Lilac – Decorative plant.
- Moonblooms – Decorative plant.
- Nightshade/Belladona – Extremely poisonous. Used mainly in poisons. In small doses can be used as a pain reliever, muscle relaxer, and an aid to sleep.
- Pennyroyal – Used in herbal teas. Oil is highly toxic even in small doses, causing quick death. Suspected to be used in Moon Tea*.
- Poison Kisses – Purple flowers that cause a rash to appear on the skin when touched.
- Poppies – Used mainly in Milk of the Poppy, a pain reliever. Seeds are a source of opium, an addictive narcotic.
- Saffron – Used in cooking.
- Sedge – wild plant, no known uses.
- Spiceflower – Used mainly by Dothraki as a perfume, and generally used with cinnamon.
- Sourleaf – A chewable leaf to help ease pain.
- Tansy – A main ingredient in Moon Tea*.
- Thistle – Believed to be a remedy for headaches, plague, canker sores, vertigo, and jaundice.
- Tobacco – An addictive substance. Leaves are commonly dried and chewed, or smoked by rolling the shredded tobacco leaves in a thin leaf.
*Moon Tea – Moon tea is a type of herbal tea that is used in the Seven Kingdoms as well as beyond the Wall to prevent or abort pregnancies. It is made generally by maesters and wise women out of the flower tansy, mint, wormwood, a spoon of honey, and a drop of pennyroyal.